-->

Friday, August 13, 2010

Do you miss me New York? : pre wedding

So New York was everything I asked for and more! Besides some family issues, of course. Oh, grandma... And so now the post-vacation depression sets in. I was discussing this with Nina and she said the reason why it's so severe this time is because I was living the life I always wanted to live in the big city, and being so carefree and now the reality is setting back in that I'm back in a horrible place where nothing exciting ever happens. Wah! I couldn't agree more. So this is the first of my New York posts and I am actually really surprised that I didn't take that many photographs. I think I have about 100 pictures in my facebook album! Ridiculous, yeah? These are probably going to be completely long stories, but it's my blog, so I can do what I want, correct? Correct! So this is the beginning of my long New York posts. I will be posting them over the next three days based on when they happened. These are the days that led up the wedding. I will post the wedding tomorrow, and post-wedding afterwards.

Awkz

Dress - H&M / Headband - Forever 21 / Heels - Kohl's / Handbag - Jessica Simpson at Macy's


This was Friday night, the night we got in. After we got in in the afternoon, we didn't do much of anything. It was just a kind of relaxing day until Friday night services. When my brother was taking pictures of me outside of the synogauge, my grandma's sister was saying "I didn't know Jeremy liked you that much!" Real funny. I love my brother taking pictures of me though. It's less awkward. Before I continue, can I just say how many attractive guys there are in New York?! Anyway, the dinner was alright, although I didn't eat anything at all. I said that I was just like Lindsay Lohan or Nicole Ritchie because I had gum and diet coke. The services were fine, although I did find myself looking at a reallll cute guy wearing tight pants and a tight shirt. I do love those kind. We're not related, don't worry :]

Oh hay
Tank top - Nordstrom / Skirt - H&M / Shoes - Deena & Ozzy at The Village / Sunglasses - Target
Pinkberry!

The next day, other than dinner at Carmine's, was filled with just walking around. My mom and I were on a quest for Pinkberry! And we found it, yay! Carmine's was pretty good, although again, I'm a very picky eater due to thinking everything is far too fattening. Oh well! Again, the same cute boy was two seats down from me, so I kept getting into the conversation. Naturally! My cousin Jessica's cousin was like "I have to look good for Alex" and I was like, "Oh, who's Alex? The real fine boy?" And she said to me "I will cut you!" Sarcastically, obviously. After dinner, I was talking to my cousin Aaron, the one who was getting married.
"Not only do you have good taste in women, but you have good taste in friends. Because Alex is sezzy." 
"Sezzy?"
"Yes. Sezzy."
"I don't know what that means."
"Sexy!"
*Alex comes over.*
"Sezzy?"
"Yes. Sexy. You're sexy. That was the consensus of the table."
"Oh. If only I were ten years younger.."
"Okay den!"
Jessica
Little did I know that we were about to go walk with them back to the hotel anyway... oops! Alex was just talking to me about random things, but who cares, he was talking to me! And it was great. Then we split up since my heels were killing me (gotta love five inch heels, right?)  But then I thought oh maybe, I'll just walk with my family anyway. But there were across the street and it was Times Square on a Saturday night! I said to Alex "I have abandonment issues. This is not gonna happen." And he said "Don't worry, I won't leave you." Squeee! I sound like a child. Sorry. It was exciting! And then I got to use a line I've always wanted to use.
"So how old are you?"
"However old you want me to be.."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Whatever you want it to mean.."
I'm so ridiculous, I know! Don't judge me!
"Well I just wanted to know because I wanted to know if you could get into bars or anything."
"Well I'm sure I can be like Megan Fox in Jennifer's Body and just play 'hello titty'."

BeautifulHe said to me in the car "Well you were talking about driving, so you have to be 17." (I guess the driving age in New York/New Jersey is 17?) So I said "yeah sure, let's go with that!" And we just talked about random things. Apparently he's comfortable swearing and talking sexually, because he did. Haha! Good to know that I'm not still looked upon as a 10 year old, because my cousin didn't care either. When we got back to the hotel, I even got in the same revolving door thing with him. Nina said to me "those things are so small though!" I'm like "no it was big I swear!" Hahaha! It's like I gained confidence in New York or something... I ended up seeing him later in the hospitality room, but all I got was a hand touch. Boo :( 

4 comments:

SomeoneLikeYou said...

I just happened to stumble upon your blog and absolutely love it!

You have great fashion sense and always look so put together!

P.S. I'm from Ohio, too :)

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Oh my goodness so jealous! My hubby gets to go to New York next month for work and I want to go too!

Kayla said...

Just found your blog. It's way too adorable. I'm your newest follower. I miss NYC so much. I can't wait to go back!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Robyn Meagher said...

I love the pretty H&M dress. It's so lovely :)